Our moving day is usually Saturdays. We schedule our tuning and repair work during the week.
After the move we suggest you wait three weeks before tuning to allow time for the piano to settle.
Please have a professional move your piano. They are quite heavy and easily damaged. You also have to be very concerned about the flooring. The steel wheels on a piano could gouge wood floors very easily.
We have all the proper equipment to move your piano. Piano boards, dollies, ramps and blankets.
Please call for a quote as there are many questions to be answered about the move. Such as; steps, walkways, hills, tight turns, size of piano (height if upright, length if baby grand: front to back) etc... Mention the move & tune special to receive any current promotional discounts.
Piano Moving, Piano Tuning, Piano Repairs, Piano Rentals, Pianos for sale, Pre-purchase Inspections, Piano Appraisals.
Serving; San Diego, North County, Encinitas, Carlsbad, Del Mar, Oceanside, Vista, San Marcos, Escondido, Carmel Valley and all surrounding area's.
Piano Tuning & Repairs
Tuning a piano regularly (at least once per year) is so very important:
- Maintains tension on the soundboard which helps to reduce cracking.
- Moves the strings to keep them elastic. Helps prevent string breakage.
- Regular tunings allows a piano to hold it’s tune longer. More stable.
Regulation is also very important:
- This optimizes the control and feeling you can get out of your music. How your action (the keyboard and hammers) responds to your touch. The mechanics of how well your piano plays.
- Regulation is needed on most used pianos and should be adjusted every few years or so. Please do not allow someone to learn on a piano that does not respond properly. “If you cannot play softly; it’s not you, it’s the piano.”